Monday, October 18, 2010

Married into it

When I was a kid I used to trade baseball cards at day care. I once traded a signed Ricky Henderson for some unknown (and still unknown) useless rookie card. Scheisty people out there, even at 8 years old!

5 1/2 years ago I didn't follow sports...and then I met my husband.

He is a lifetime member of the Red Sox Nation, he knows all the words to "Sweet Caroline," taught our daughter the story of the bloody sock that she can now recite from memory, during hockey season we watch the Bruins, for basketball the Celtics are on our tv, during football we watch the Patriots - and EVERY SINGLE other NFL game (thanks Directv for NFL Sunday ticket) and during baseball season we watch the Red Sox. We route for Boston for EVERYTHING and when they aren't playing we route for who ever is beating New York...which New York team? ALL of them. This love of Boston stems from his birth, he was born into it, entered into the fan club by birth right and routing for them for all 29 years of his life. Routing for Boston is in his blood. Who in the right mind would marry a man obsessed with sports and Boston? Me! Why? It's Boston baby! ENOUGH said.

Sox, Pats, Bruins, Celtics...Currently Monday night, Sunday and occasionally Thursday I give up my husband to the world of sports. I need to get him that shirt, "I'm watching sports, leave me alone."

Lesson taught to my 9 year old this evening when asked why we were routing for the Rangers. "Hunny, we route for Boston and ANY team playing and/or beating the Yankees!" Her reply, "Oh." The 9 year old, typically argumentative child, didn't question my statement....check that out. Again, enough said!

Because I am Married Into it and proud of it!


PS - don't ask me stats, I have no clue, ask ken about those kenjones@khcustom.com lol

No comments:

Post a Comment