Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Magical Pants

Flash back 7 years ago - Old Navy was the "hit" store. Well, in my circle it was. I was a frequent shopper and happened across a pair of beige business slacks. For $15.00 it was a no brainer, buy em! So I did. After about 5 years I put them to pasture, kept them in my closet. They were just not my thing anymore. Plus they had shrunk up too short and made me look like I was constantly in fear of a flood. Then one day it dawned on me....re-hem them!! So I did. I wear them all the time now and absolutely love them. Do they fit perfect? Do they compliment my posterior? Are they comfy? Are they trendy? They are a bit snug, I can't see my posterior so I have no idea, they are comfy and I doubt after 7 yeras they can be called trendy. But, they have magical powers!

This morning I was rushing out the door and had my hands full. My travel coffee mug slipped out of my hands, hit the pavement on my driveway and splattered my beige pants up the leg and into my lap area. This is not something new, I often spill coffee on my self in this exact way. Instead of running back in to change, I simply grabbed a baby wipe (that I keep on hand in case my sis' kids are with me), blotted the spots, turned the heater on high, made sure my own kid was in the car and went on my way. 20 minutes later I arrived at my at my destination and....TADA! no stain, no mark. If I look close enough I can see a faint outline of where it might have been, but....only if I stare at it long enough. The chances of another person staring at my lap area that long are slim to none, and even if they did I am sure they were not looking for a coffee stain. Not sure what they would be looking for exactly, kind of gross now that I dwell on it. I digress.

The pants are magical....they have had this magical power before. The ability to not show stains, even coffee stains! I think this is the main reason I keep them around, they have outlasted my clumbsy nature for 7 whole years.

Amen for Magical pants.

PS - Old Navy has since discontinued them, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment