Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Art of Eye Rolling

Urban dictionary states it to be "Condescension, contempt, boredom, or exasperation"

Google search comes up with 115,000 sites for the search term: define "rolling eyes". Surprisingly # 6 on this list is a site that discusses the possibility Elmhurst, Illinois making it against the law to roll ones eyes.

People walk past me quite often and I often make eye rolling motions at them as they turn their back. Why? Well, half the time they are talking too loud about personal stuff and the other half the time they are being too nosy for their own good. Why do I roll my eyes? Because it is just plain annoying to have to witness these people. Why does this all matter? Because I was almost caught!

Here I am watching yet another nosy individual glare at me as he/she (who shall remain nameless) walks past me. I am minding my own business, diligently performing my work functions and perfecting the art of time management. The bugger has the nerve to mug me as he/she walks passed. (To "mug" is to give someone a dirty look for unnecessary reasons.) I proceed to roll my eyes and make a face and...wham! he/she turns around and almost caught me in the act! Told ya, damn nosy people! Had he/she not have been nosy, he/she wouldn't have had to mug, and he/she wouldn't have been the victim of my eye rolling and he/she would not have been trying to catch me in the act of eye rolling. Again, DAMN nosy people.

I rolled my eyes just now as I was reading this, so double eye-roll to you mr./ms.!

No comments:

Post a Comment