Monday, October 11, 2010

Knockin the queen down a notch or two

I am the self proclaimed queen of Kindle e-book readers. I have downloaded 145 books since I got my Kindle e-reader last Christmas (all 300 pages +). I have read them all, currently on book 146. I read a book roughly every 2 days. You would think I had all this spare time or something? No, just my standard obsessive compulsive personality trait coming out again. Can't do anything half-butt, nope, I go for the gusto - full force - put my all into it. And end up spending as much time as possible reading this magical machine....go figure. I digress.

So here I am trying to figure the best way to spread the word on something, a small business concept if I may. Craigslist was not a hit, although I did get one email which was super exciting at the time. In fact my new brilliant idea came via a blog I am subscribed to; they discussed credit woes. I can help with credit woes, BINGO...connection made. I emailed the blog owner...did she reply with "you are amazing, here is a billion dollars for your idea"? Ya, right, in my dreams. She merely offered a suggestion. Don't knock it though, 1 suggestion is better than no email at all, heck she owns that blog which is followed by thousands; she has some weight in blog land.

She suggested I write an e-book..........an e-book? Offer it for free to spread the word, what can it hurt... Who would of thought? Apparently my e-book reading self is not near as intelligent as I'd like to believe.

(shhh don't tell anyone I said that)

No comments:

Post a Comment