Friday, October 8, 2010

"No, I don't want to be on tv"

It's 8am and, due to "furlough Friday," my commute was 1/3 of its normal and I was at work at hour early. What to do with myself? Then I remember I wanted to contribute to the birthday potluck so I needed to find a Safeway close by. Did I find a Safeway and make my purchase and head to work like a good girl? Nope. I found a Target, one open at 8am. Did I proceed to the food isle, pick out my cookies and then promptly leave, like a good girl? Nope, I found the clearance. Not just one clearance but the entire clearance of paper goods and stationary. I was able to find a great deal on goodie bags for my daughter's birthday that is in a few weeks (clearance $0.24 per bag!). Did I stop there? Heavens no. I then wandered into the food clearance section. I was at the 2nd end cap with food clearance when I started wandering down isles seeing price cuts and buy X get $5.00 gift card. Red stickers with "clearance" calling my name. I then found some cookies, not on sale, but yummy. And then it hit me....I need to leave and quickly. I pick up my pace and head towards the checkout. Did I go straight there? Of course not. I went down the back of the isles, where ALL the clearance is to glance as I went out. All the while thinking....I am addicted to clearance and will be late to work if I don't get out of here. But looking won't hurt, right? (took me 10 minutes to walk out)

In my car I promptly call my husband and inform him, "I have a problem." I explain my trip to him, he finds it very funny. He gives me good advice, "only shop with a list you made and stick with it." Well that is a problem too, often I find stuff we don't need on my lists, 9/10 times I don't buy that un-needed stuff, but heck when you can get something that is $5.00 for only $0.25, who am I to pass up a good deal?...Heck, today I was in the store with no list at all and I could not contain myself. I told him, "if I am not careful I will buy so much stuff we'll end up as hoarders, just like that TV show, just because it was all a good deal." His reply, "No, I don't want to be on tv." Not, no stop spending money, or no you have a problem and I can help, or no the house isn't big enough. He's very understanding and simply doesn't want my addiction broadcast to 6 billion viewers on TLC.

I head over to work, mentally making a list of all the good deals I can get tomorrow when I go shopping. At work does my coupon addiction stop? No, once again I am drawn to internet coupons and sales online. My favorite coupon blogs, and what did I miss between last night and this morning on Facebook? Not friend updates, coupon updates!

Again, my name is Jess and I have a coupon problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment