Friday, September 24, 2010

And the frog too....

At the beginning of the school year, a whole 3 weeks ago, one of the forms my daughter brings home is a permission slip to take pets home. I guess the class has a few pets and they allow the kids to take them home from time to time.

Option 1: Lizard
I kept thinking about the Geico commercials and how little they are. Yes, I do know the Geico guy is a gecko, but this conversation only has to make sense to me. (So for the sake of my own conversation with myself I am using it as a comparison.) If my cat didn't eat it, I am sure my dog would try to play with it...husky v. lizard...you make the call on that one. Plus, I don't want to have to clean up lizard poo; I am sure my daughter won't either.

Option 2: Frog
I don't have much experience with frogs, except that when you kiss them a prince emerges. There will be no frog kissing in my house thank you! Plus, I hear these buggers are fast....I don't care for chasing a frog around the house. I'm sure my daughter would be too hysterical watching me try to catch the frog to lend a hand. Go figure.

Option 3: Guinea pig
The few guinea pigs I have come in contact with have bit me, maybe it's my wonderful personality they don't care for? Plus, I keep thinking about G-Force, the movie, and that scene... "poop in his hand, poop in his hand!!" After much thought, I recall I've had a pet rat before, this is just like a giant rat. I did good with my rat so I can aid my daughter in her guinea pig babysitting journey for the weekend.

Today I casually ask when her weekend is, she gives yesterdays date. I reply with, "no biggie, we can take a guinea pig this weekend, no problem, but that was yesterday, you may want to ask your teacher about it." Her reply, "I signed up for the frog." After much conversing...turns out she circled BOTH the guinea pig AND the frog.

I feel like I am starting my own animal kingdom. I pray there was a clause in small print stating they would never send 2 animals home with 1 child, if for the parents sanity at least. It's possible I could have missed it... ? (wishful thinking I suppose)

Amen it is only for 1 weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment